- Furman University: BS in Chemistry (Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa)
- Medical University of South Carolina: MD
- Medical University of South Carolina: Internship and Residency
- Member of Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society (awarded to top 10% of medical school class)
- Member of the Medical Society of South Carolina
- Member of the Mt. Pleasant Sertoma Club
Awards and Honors
- Recipient of the Yul Brynner Foundation New Investigator Grant
- Recipient of the H Rawlings-Prutt Thomas Service and Leadership Award
- Selected as “One of the Best Doctors in America”
- Served as a Deacon in his church
- Serves as Co-Founder and Chairman of the Slade Dozier Foundation. This 501(c)(3) public charity was founded after the sudden and unexplained death of his son Slade at 18 months old.
Fishing, boating and spending time with his family.